This upcoming Saturday, April 5th, the Spectator Publishing Company and the Columbia Daily Spectator will host the Columbia Women’s Leadership Conference (CWLC) from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. CWLC is a women’s leadership symposium, addressing issues that young women encounter both in college and after graduation. The conference theme is Breaking Free from Gender Roles: How Modern Women are Changing the World.
The conference will focus on topics such as college’s role in shaping women and women’s careers in male-dominated fields. Young women from our four undergraduate schools, including our women’s college Barnard College, can benefit from the personal and professional experiences that our speakers share with them.
- Gloria Steinem, Feminist, Author, and Activist
- Susan Lyne, CEO of AOL Brand Group
- Donna Kalajian Lagani, SVP/Publishing Director, Chief Revenue Officer of Cosmopolitan
- Kat Cole, President of Cinnabon Inc.
- Therese Tucker, CEO and Chairman of BlackLine
- Cameron Russell, American fashion model
- Lynn Povich, First Female Senior Editor of Newsweek
Reserve your ticket now at: https://www.squadup.com/